Have a job open let us list it here!
a pdf of the job description!
Golf Wednesday Sept 18
Save the Date!
Maryland Greenhouse Growers Association
Where did Spring Go?
August 6, 2014 - Baltimore Maritime Institute E-Mail
Congratulations to Joclyn Fiolat our 2013! winner
Are you a college student in MD studying Horticulture?
MGGA serves businesses, government, and individuals who represent the second
largest agricultural cash commodity in Maryland.
MGGA is dedicated to serving its members by promoting the general interest of
growers of greenhouse crops, ornamental crops, and cut flowers in Maryland
and the surrounding states by:
Apply for one of our yearly Scholarships!!!! Accepting applications for 2014-2015
Emerald Ash Borer information
Brown Marmolated Stink Bug Information
The Maryland Greenhouse Growers Association (MGGA) is a non-profit membership
organization established in 1970. Today, MGGA is comprised of 120 "green industry"
members in private horticultural business, industry, government, private and public
gardens, education, and research.
- Organizing seminars and tours for the purpose of information exchange
and providing business opportunities
- Disseminating technical and marketing horticultural information through
MGGAs monthly publication HORTFLASH
- Supporting and promoting University of Maryland agricultural research
- Offering horticultural business and services directory information
- Encouraging horticulture through education by providing scholarships
to colleges in the state of Maryland
- Working with other green industry organizations for the betterment of
- Advancing and representing green industry interests in the Maryland
- Educating its members about Marylands legislative process and
keeping them informed on issues impacting the horticultural community
MGGA monitors and supports or opposes legislation impacting the horticultural business and education communities in Maryland. MGGA and its members are concerned about:
- Developing positive relations with legislators through our legislative representatives and our grassroots network of industry representatives
- Advancing legislative confidence and awareness in the green industry as a resource in issues that concern the Maryland horticultural industry
- Creating environmental and public safety legislation that impacts our businesses and our environment in a proactive manner
- Preserving state and county support for education in the areas of agriculture and horticulture
- Encouraging accurate legislative and executive disclosure of regulations in a manner and language that considers the impact on affected businesses
Need more information? Our membership brochure
may answer your questions.
Still need more information?... please email us
Our Board of Directors
MGGA also is Fun! We sponsor many fundraising events throughout the year to help support our
efforts for doing all the above.
Other Interesting Links
Come shop with us, click the Link below for all your on-line shopping needs!
If you want to learn more about creating some of the graphics i use
please click on the image below
and go to Graphics Unleashed... Most of my page building and graphics skills were learned from this site
Comments about the contents of this web page can be